POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Rendering include files? : Re: Rendering include files? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:31:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rendering include files?
From: Ken
Date: 2 Oct 2001 08:41:28
Message: <3BB9B73F.22452E23@pacbell.net>
Warp wrote:

> Francois Labreque <fla### [at] videotronca> wrote:
> : When playing around a scene, by mistake I hit the "run" button while an
> : include file was active.  Instead of issuing the usual error message
> : "Scene does not contain any object or glows!", it only issued a warning
> : and rendered it!!!!
>
>   The malfunction being?

In POV-Ray v3.1g when there were no objects in the scene the renderer
stopped and returned an error message. In POV-Ray v3.5b the renderer
does not stop when there are no objects in the scene and returns
a warning instead. I don't recall if this was an intentional change
or not.

--
Ken Tyler - POV-Ray Technical Assistance Group